Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Owlcrate!

Evening my Fellow Bookworms!

I have just recently discovered a monthly box subscription that caters to us book fanatics!

Owlcrate!





Just like any other monthly subscription, you sign up, pay a fee, receive a box, and have fun!

In these monthly boxes you receive a few different things.

You will get a new Young Adult Novel and 4-5 other items. It all depends on the month on what your items will be. 

I just received my first Box and these are the items that were included.


  • New Novel written by Lena Coakley  'Worlds of Ink and Shadow' Just Published on January 5th
                                        


  • A Paper Doll set that ties in with the Novel

  • A letter from the author 'Lena Coakley' 


  • A bookmark designed By Evie Bookish for Maggie Stiefvater's 'The Raven Boys'

  • Also By Evie, an Art Print inspired by 'Throne of Glass' by Sarah J. Maas

  • A Funko Pop Figure from the Harry Potter Series

  • A Lip Balm from Geek Fire Labs (Etsy Shop)

  • A Discounted Ebook for 'A Knot in the Grain' by Robin Mckinley




Since this is my first Box, I was rather excited. From what I've been seeing on tweets and comments on the Owlcrate hashtag, this box seems to be more of a let down than the past boxes.
In the Past on other subscripton boxes/bags you normally get that one or two that your not super stoked about. i thnk that just comes with the saying "You can't Please everyone."

For the Price - Yes, it is a bit over priced especially if you don't get what you think is your monies worth. If you think about it though most buy books at larger prices everyday. they don't get all these other fun things to go with it. 

I am going to try this out for a few more months, I will post updates on when I receive them and what I think.




Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment